Finding a good, reliable pediatrician is one of the most important decisions we make as parents. Making sure we find someone that we can trust and rely on to ensure that our children’s best interests are their main priority often becomes a daunting task.
Below are some questions parent’s-to-be or parents looking to switch should consider asking a potential pediatrician:
1. What is your philosophy on vaccinations and antibiotics with common viruses?
2. Is there a separate well and sick waiting area?
3. Do you have weekend, evening and holiday hours?
4. Ask about their credentials
5. Do parents have 24 hour access to a doctor?
6. Ask about their insurance coverage and if there are any cancellation fees
7. How soon after birth will the baby be seen?
One thing to keep in mind is not to feel strange about asking too many questions. A good doctor addresses all of your concerns and listens to all of your questions.