With that, I received this really cool list of free green apps available on both Android and iPhone from Verizon Wireless, that making it easier for customers to go green.
Below are Verizon Wireless New York’s top-5 picks green apps this Earth Day:
- GoodGuide: Shopping today? Be sure to take GoodGuide with you! It can instantly reveal just how safe, healthy, green or socially responsible a product is as you shop by scanning its barcode, making it easy to improve your environmental footprint.Available on iPhone and Android.
- Light Bulb Finder: Light Bulb Finder helps you switch from conventional light bulbs to energy-saving equivalents with the right fit, style and light quality. You can buy bulbs; see cost, savings, and environmental impact directly through the app. Available on iPhone and Android.
- My Recycle List: Tired of trying to find the right recycling center and making a bunch of trips? With My Recycle List, you can quickly find recycling locations nearby that accept the items you’re looking to move—in just a few clicks. Available on iPhone and Android.
- Go Green: Go Green is absolutely packed with green tips that you get each time you open it. For every new tip you earn, your green status grows! Available on iPhone and Android.
- Locavore: Shopping locally helps reduce your transportation, which eases the impact on the environment. Locavore makes searching for in-season, local food a breeze by pinpointing nearby farms and farmers’ markets. Why not walk there? J Available on iPhone and Android.
content credit: Verizon Wireless